[ltp] kernel 2.6.8.1 with latest acpi patch and softwaresuspend 2

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:04:22 -0700

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:53:02 +0200, Robert Ramiega <jedi@plukwa.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:22:03AM -0700, Michael Perry wrote:
> > Seem to be having difficulties appling the core patch for sofware
> > suspend 2 on a 2.6.8.1 kernel.  I downloaded the version specific and
> > core patch and the first applies cleanly.  Anyone applied the core
> > patch on a 2.6.8.1 kernel with success and if so, what was the
> > sequence of events?  I get lots of rejected hunks on the core package
> > but the version specific one applies fine.
>  Did You used kernel sources from say kernelhq ? Or some distribution
> specific? I'm using Debian and found out that i can't patch debianized
> kernel sources. Debian maintainers are applying various patches to kernel
> sources that later on conflict with swsusp2.
>
> HTH

Hi Robert

I don't use debianized kernel sources here at all.  Running debian
unstable with a self-compiled kernel from www.kernel.org.  I did apply
the latest acpi patch from acpi.sf.net which now allows my T23 to
suspend correctly without AIEE messages when it comes back.

I tried one time repeatedly and cannot get the core patch to apply
correctly even on a newly untarred kernel source.  I wonder if it has
to do with the acpi patch??

I guess on the good side I can now shut things down without interrupt
handler kernel panics.  Even in X; which is an added benefit.  I sure
would like to get software suspend working too just to check it out.

--
Michael Perry
meperry@gmail.com