[ltp] Re: ibm-acpi-0.4

Borislav Deianov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:00:45 -0700

Hi Robert,

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:51:06 +0000 (UTC) Robert Ramiega <jedi@plukwa.net> wrote:
> Bad news is that ibm_acpi doesn't work for me at all. Fn-F3/F4/F12
> do nothing no matter if i loaded module or not. They don't even
> generate any entries in /var/log/acpid.

Have you tried "echo enable,0xffff > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey"?

> I can't turn on/off ThinkLight using /proc/acpi/ibm/light.

I'll need to look at your DSDT, the T21 may not have the ACPI control
for it or it may use a different name.

> /proc/acpi/ibm/video is not working too (although Fn-F7 works even
> without ibm-acpi).

So far that works for nobody but me :-(. I'm looking into it.

> Fn-PgUp (ThinkLight on/off), Fn-Home/End (brightness) is also
> working (but it works w/o ibm-acpi).

Yup, those don't go through ACPI at all.

> Ejecting seems to work tho it didn;t created any entries in log
> (reinserting dvd-drive put:
> [Sat Sep 18 00:43:47 2004] completed event "ibm/bay MSTR 00000001 00000000"
> in the log)

You didn't get an event when popping out the eject lever? Did the LED
go off as it should?

>  Borislav, if You are interested in supporting T21 i can send You dsdt.

Definitely. It's the only way I can target models other than my X40.

Thanks for the report,
Boris