[ltp] Bluetooth hotkey

Jan Kokoska linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:27:00 +0100

Hi

Thanks to archive of this list I got suspend to memory and to disk
working and attached to IBM keys via ibm-acpi module.

Now I am into fancy stuff and since my R40 doesn't have Bluetooth I
would like to re-assign Fn+F5 to switching my wireless on and off.
Script works fine, but I can't figure out what is the actual key to bind
it to.

README for latest ibm-acpi says the last number is 0000 XXXX where XXXX
is described further for each key, except with only 3 numbers. Bluetooth
should be 010, so I tried 0000 0010 to no avail, but since all other
keys in the scripts are actually 0000 1XXX I tried 0000 1010, too. Acpid
in debug mode didn't help, it doesn't see the event.

cat /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth :
present:        no
enabled:        no

So I did "echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth" which switches it on,
but neither of the above key traps worked.

Before re-compiling the kernel with ACPI verbose debug (which I had some
time ago and despised for it is *really* verbose), could someone tell me
if they have this working?

Is pressing the button even supposed to generate an ACPI event if the
Bluetooth device is not present?

Thanks.

Jan Kokoska