[ltp] speedstep-centrino on Dothan

Nick Bower linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:22:38 +0200

Hi - has anyone here with the T42's 1.6MHz Dothan got speedstep-centrino
or something similar working yet?  The fix mentioned about adjusting the
processor mask in this module and recompiling simply doesn't work for me
(perhaps because my cpu is different to those mentioned) and I'm still
searching for options.  It really surprised me that 2.6.8.1 didn't work
at all, failing to recognise the CPU.

$ more /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 1595.177
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe tm2 est
bogomips        : 3162.11