[ltp] kernel 2.6.8.1 with latest acpi patch and softwaresuspend 2

matthias wahl linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:11:15 +0200

hi,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:22:03AM -0700, Michael Perry wrote:
> Seem to be having difficulties appling the core patch for sofware
> suspend 2 on a 2.6.8.1 kernel.  I downloaded the version specific and
> core patch and the first applies cleanly.  Anyone applied the core
> patch on a 2.6.8.1 kernel with success and if so, what was the
> sequence of events?  I get lots of rejected hunks on the core package
> but the version specific one applies fine.

i managed to compile kernel 2.6.8.1 following the steps written here:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=170548

1) i needed to unpack the corresponding swsusp2 "current beta patch"
and applying every patch in the package one by one, otherwise i got
errors
2) after that i applied the acpi patch
3) i had to deactivate "suspend-to-disk support" in the kernelconfig,
otherwise i got errors during compilation. (why?)

but now i can use the hibernate script and it seems to work well.
hope this helped someone.
greetings
matthias