[ltp] XP Key doesn't work!

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:31:35 +0200

Hi,

> So if I'm reading you correctly - I can't actually get XP directly from
> a service partition.  And since XP won't honour other partitions, it's
> goodbye Linux then.  (From the partition's raw contents below, I see
> there is no such i386 folder):

A plain XP install routine honors already existing partitions. The
problem is that - from what i know - the recovery CD doesn't.

The contents of the partition you showed do not look like a preinstall
XP partition. Looks more like you are looking at some kind of rescue
partition (didn't know this is possible). The i386 folder should be in
the same partition that XP is on (and there should be things like
ibmtools, drivers, etc. as well).

André.