[ltp] SLES 9 on an A31P questions

Nicholas Sushkin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:03:11 -0400

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:32:53 -0400, Lew Newby <dragon@neei.com> wrote:
> Ok, I'm stumped here. I have SLES 9 installed on the A31p and it
> recognizes the trackpoint and keyboard BUT when in the docking station
> and atached to a USB KVM that handles my mouse and keyboard the system
> doesn't even see the mouse or keyboard.
>
> This is with a 2.6 kernel and I would like to be able to use my USB
> keyboard and mouse. This combination did work fine with  ealier versions
> of RH and SuSE.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

Try unplugging and plugging back and see if you have new USB log entries
in the output of  dmesg.

For example, I use an adapter to plug in PS2 mouse and keyboard into a
USB slot and I get the following:

usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 2
usb 3-1: new low speed USB device using address 3
input: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Composite USB PS2 Converter USB to PS2
Adaptor  v1.12] on usb-0000:00:1d.1-1
input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Composite USB PS2 Converter USB to PS2
Adaptor  v1.12] on usb-0000:00:1d.1-1
--
Nicholas Sushkin