[ltp] SLES 9 on an A31P questions

Hartmut Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:56:51 +0200

--Boundary-02=_EqyUBEhUISXCYm1

Hi,

On Thursday 23 September 2004 21:32, Lew Newby wrote:
> Ok, I'm stumped here. I have SLES 9 installed on the A31p and it
> recognizes the trackpoint and keyboard BUT when in the docking station
> and atached to a USB KVM that handles my mouse and keyboard the system
> doesn't even see the mouse or keyboard.
>
> This is with a 2.6 kernel and I would like to be able to use my USB
> keyboard and mouse. This combination did work fine with  ealier versions
> of RH and SuSE.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

=46irst, try and find out where the problem is: does it work if you connect=
=20
keyboard and mouse directly to the docking station?

You might be lucky and the issue can be resolved by using one of the ACPI=20
parameters as described in the SUSE support data base (search for "ACPI"):

  http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/10/81_acpi.html

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut