[ltp] SLES 9 on an A31P questions

Lew Newby linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:20:37 -0400

OK I feel stupid for not trying this before but I pulled my USB
connection from the docking station and instered directly into the A31
and it all worked fine. the system sees the USB mouse AND keyboard
through the KVM switch. Apparently the 2.6 kernel does not recognize the
docking station USB hub. I do get the following errors:

kernel: hub 1-0:1.0 Connot enable port 1. Maybe the USB the USB cable is
bad?
kernel: end request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
kernel: end request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
kernel: mtrr: 0xe8000000,0x4000000 overlaps existing 0xe8000000,0x2000000
kernel: drivers/usb/input/hid-input.c: event field not found
kernel: drivers/usb/input/hid-input.c: event field not found

I gather from this my floppy drive (that is installed in the docking
station) is also not recognized.

So the work around appears to be to plug the USB devices directly into
the laptop and not into the docking station. This will work for me for now.

Lew Newby

--
Lew Newby Jr.					http://www.neei.com/~gideon
SCA: Ian the Fariner of Dunkeld, OP