[ltp] SLES 9 on an A31P questions

Frank Fiene linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:08:27 +0200

On Donnerstag 23 September 2004 21:32, Lew Newby wrote:
> Ok, I'm stumped here. I have SLES 9 installed on the A31p and it
> recognizes the trackpoint and keyboard BUT when in the docking
> station and atached to a USB KVM that handles my mouse and keyboard
> the system doesn't even see the mouse or keyboard.
>
> This is with a 2.6 kernel and I would like to be able to use my USB
> keyboard and mouse. This combination did work fine with  ealier
> versions of RH and SuSE.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

Yes, usb doesn't work with ACPI if the Thinkpad is plugged into the
docking station, use acpi=off for that.

I found also that only one USB plug works with APM-only.

If the laptop is unplugged, everything is fine!

It is the same problem as with SuSE 9.1. I get also this error message
with the bad cable.

Noone from the USB-/ACPI- and Kernel Mailinglist was able to help me
with this stuff.

Frank
--
uniorg Solutions GmbH - Märkische Strasse 237 - 44141 Dortmund
ffiene@veka.com - Tel:0231-9497-262