[ltp] crash when adding external mouse to X40

Giuseppe Castagna linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:56:31 +0200

Chris Michalak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running Fedora Core 2 on an X40. I've been noticing some weird
> system instabilities when I have an external keyboard, mouse and screen
> plugged into it. Today, I tried just having an external mouse connected
> and it had similar problems.
>
> At first, the keyboard (internal) would stop working. However selecting
> "shutdown" from the menu would not properly shut down the system, so
> that wasn't the only problem.
>
> Has anyone had similar problems?

My X40 with FC2 works like a charm, apart from the tp-scroll utility.
See my previous post from which you can copy my xorg.conf settings
(those that are commented out, the original ones).

B.