[ltp] [ACPI] ibm-acpi-0.4

Robert Hilbrich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:19:49 -0400

Hi!

I was suprised when I heard about ibm-acpi. I loved the idea as this is
exactly the missing piece of software for my thinkpad. So I gave it a
try and it did not work. It doesn't seem to produce any ACPI event for
the hotkeys I press.

My configuration:

Thinkpad T40p 2373-G1G
Debian Sarge
Kernel 2.6.8.1 (Vanilla)
ACPI: Subsystem revision 20040715
ibm-acpi 0.4

I loaded the module successfully:

bo@poldi:~$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
snd_pcm_oss            49832  0
ds                     14212  4
thermal                10512  0
fan                     2892  0
button                  4888  0
processor              14000  1 thermal
ac                      3340  0
battery                 7756  0
airo                   68896  0
snd_intel8x0           30472  2
snd_ac97_codec         67012  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm                86216  2 snd_pcm_oss,snd_intel8x0
snd_timer              21380  1 snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc          9096  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
snd_mpu401_uart         6208  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_rawmidi            19812  1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd                    47716  11
snd_pcm_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi
soundcore               7392  1 snd
uhci_hcd               30032  0
ehci_hcd               26820  0
usbcore               103972  4 uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
e1000                  81668  0
yenta_socket           18816  0
pcmcia_core            57412  2 ds,yenta_socket
ibm_acpi               15496  0

Syslog:
ibm_acpi: IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.4
ibm_acpi: dock device not present
ibm_acpi: bay device not present

I activated hotkeys with echo 0xffff > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkeys.

Then I killed the acpid and watched /proc/acpi/event
(cat /proc/acpi/event).

I could see the normal ACPI events (SleepButton, Lid, PowerButton), but
not the hotkeys.

Is ist necessary, that ibm_acpi is loaded after ACPI modules are loaded?
Because in my config, the ibm_acpi module is loaded first and the these
ACPI modules, such as processor, buttons, ...

But anyway! Good Work guys! I love to switch on my light using a shell-
script!

If you need help, just let me know!

Cheers!

Robert Hilbrich