[ltp] Link detection and Port Replicator II

Joachim Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:53:07 +0200

--=-HxcKlWte3QN/FfHmZPom

Hi,

I set up iflinkd to monitor cable plugging and unplugging. It works
flawlessly with the cable attached directly to the laptop, but not at
all when attached to the port replicator (with the laptop in it, of
course :-)). Actually, If i change the cable from the laptop to the port
rep, iflinkd switches back between up and down a few times and then
settles on down, deconfiguring my interface.

Has anyone experienced similar problems, or can give me hints?

Using a T41p here.

Thx,
nomeata
--=20