[ltp] advanced battery recharge management

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:24:39 -0400

Speaking from experience, I agree.  I had both a TP600 and TP600x with a=20
LiIon.  Most of the time they were connected to AC.  The length of charge i=
t=20
would hold (under Win2K declined with time so that I had to replace the=20
battery on the 600x 5 times in three years.  I had a colleague with a simil=
ar=20
result on another 600x.  So LiIon bats do loose the ability to hold a charg=
e. =20
However, newer models don't seem to be as prone to the problem, perhaps=20
because the AC power supply is more advanced.  I now have a T40 and it too=
=20
mostly sits connected to AC, but in 1 year it hasn't lost much power. =20
Paul