[ltp] Link detection and Port Replicator II

Joachim Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:28:17 +0200

--=-V0ugNvG3jnAJpBZ+cdYT

Hi,

dunno what was happening back then, but it works now. Maybe it wasn't
plugged in all the way. Unless you'll hear from me, this problem does
not really exist.

(this mail is mainly for the record, eh, archive)

nomeata

Am Sa, den 25.09.2004 schrieb Joachim Breitner um 1:53:
> Hi,
>=20
> I set up iflinkd to monitor cable plugging and unplugging. It works
> flawlessly with the cable attached directly to the laptop, but not at
> all when attached to the port replicator (with the laptop in it, of
> course :-)). Actually, If i change the cable from the laptop to the port
> rep, iflinkd switches back between up and down a few times and then
> settles on down, deconfiguring my interface.
>=20
> Has anyone experienced similar problems, or can give me hints?
>=20
> Using a T41p here.
>=20
> Thx,