[ltp] Thinkpad X40 --- no line in jack?!

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:26:01 -0400

Norman Ramsey wrote:
> I've just discovered that my newly purchased X40 has no line-in jack
> for audio input from my stereo.  (The salesman who told me that a single
> jack doubles as microphone and line in must have been crazy.)
>
> Does anybody out there have any recommendations for recording sound
> using the X40?  Any experiences trying to use a Griffin iMic with Linux?

If it really doesn't have one, you can try one of those attenuators,
that reduce line level, to microphone level.  You might also ask that
salesman how to use that jack for a line in.  If he can't, a word to his
boss might be in order.

Incidentally, on my R31, the line in jack is available only through the
port replicator.