[ltp] Thinkpad X40 --- no line in jack?!

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:26:38 -0400

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:55:42 -0400 (EDT), Norman Ramsey
<nr@eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I've just discovered that my newly purchased X40 has no line-in jack
> for audio input from my stereo.  (The salesman who told me that a single
> jack doubles as microphone and line in must have been crazy.)

He's not crazy.  many ports on newer sound cards do double or triple
duty.  One jack my provide not only line in but mic and even
rear-channel line out depending on what "mode" the chip is in.  I
think ALSA supports most of these situations via the mixer.

Alex