[ltp] Link detection and Port Replicator II

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:21:39 +0200

Am Samstag, 25. September 2004 01:53 schrieb Joachim Breitner
mail-at-joachim-breitner.de |Linux-Thinkpad|:
> Hi,
>
> I set up iflinkd to monitor cable plugging and unplugging. It works
> flawlessly with the cable attached directly to the laptop, but not at
> all when attached to the port replicator (with the laptop in it, of
> course :-)). Actually, If i change the cable from the laptop to the port
> rep, iflinkd switches back between up and down a few times and then
> settles on down, deconfiguring my interface.
>
> Has anyone experienced similar problems, or can give me hints?
>
> Using a T41p here.
>
> Thx,
> nomeata
Works for me(TM) with ifplugd 0.25 and a T40p, both when connecting the cable
directly and when using the port replicator's ethernet port.
I googled for iflinkd, but found nothing. Is this a distro specific solution?
HTH,
	Matthias