[ltp] Updates on getting Recovery CDs for T41 + rapid restore ultra

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:36:24 -0400

Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 27 September 2004 09:24 am, James Knott wrote:
>
>>Yip Wai Peng wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>After more then a few emails with IBM Singapore, they are still adamant
>>>about not sending me the CD. Our conversation is attached below and if
>>>you guys are interested you can take a look.
>>
>>Perhaps someone with that CD can make an ISO of it available for you.
>

> That would be fine if it wasn't a "violation of applicable laws"

I was wondering about that, but I also realize that people in other
parts of the world have little problem in obtaining the CD.  For
example, I only had to phone the support line, to have the CD for my R31
mailed to me.  Is his problem due to "IBM" or some local management
decision?  Why is he entitled to less, simply because he lives in (IIRC)
Singapore?  The ideal solution, would be for IBM to make the ISO
available on line, if they don't want to send out the CD.

Given the money he spent on the ThinkPad, that CD should be available,
at least within the warranty period.