[ltp] Thinkpad X40 --- no line in jack?!

Nicholas Sushkin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:34:04 -0400

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:55:42 -0400 (EDT), Norman Ramsey
<nr@eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I've just discovered that my newly purchased X40 has no line-in jack
> for audio input from my stereo.  (The salesman who told me that a single
> jack doubles as microphone and line in must have been crazy.)
>
> Does anybody out there have any recommendations for recording sound
> using the X40?  Any experiences trying to use a Griffin iMic with Linux?

Not sure about X40, but on T41, line in jack is only available when
the laptop is plugged
in to a port replicator or a docking station that has line-in. I don't
quire remember where I found this information, perhaps it was the
manual

--
Nicholas Sushkin