[ltp] Suspend woes and strange hardware quirks

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:05:45 -0500

John Locke <mail@freelock.com> writes:

> It does--mostly, for a while. It took a while to get here, though. First
> I had to recompile the kernel leaving out APIC support to get it to shut
> down properly--specifying "noapic nolapic" in Lilo no longer works.
> First time I've compiled a new kernel in years. While I was in there, I
> compiled in the ehci-hcd and uhci-hcd drivers, instead of having them
> load as modules.

For me acpi and swsusp works fine with powernowd under 2.6.8.1 on a
t41p, but I do run "ifdown ath0" and eth0, and rmmod ath_pci before
suspend, and I haven't been using usb to any real extent.  I've heard
from others that you may need to rmmod the usb drivers (and some say
the ethernet driver) before suspend as well.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu