[ltp] lcd gets weird after using atitvout

T. Ivarsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:01:40 -0500

I have my S-Video output working on my R40 using the atitvout application (atitvout -f t), I'm connecting my R40 to a PAL TV. The thing is that when I "turn off" the S-Video output (atitvout -f l) the R40 screen becomes very whiteish, and I have to change the resolution of the screen (e.g., xvidtune -next) to restore it to "normal".

Question: is this "whiteish" look damaging to the LCD? I read in the README the usual warnings about the refresh rate (60Hz I believe when using the S-Video) and how it can destroy the monitor. Any recommendations for a laptop LCD?

Thanks,
T.