[ltp] VMWare and Windows Thinkpad Tools

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:43:30 +0200

Hi,

does anyone know whether the different tools on Windows accessing the
Thinkpad functions (Access Thinkpad) work in VMWare. For some minor
jobs I need a Windows installation. But since I have a lot of Linux
tools I use more regularly, I don't want to reboot to use Windows.

Thus, while I was thinking about installing VMWare, this question came
to my mind whether it is possible to use these tools to configure the
Thinkpad. In my knowledge, VMWare emulates a generic computer which
would mean that it is not possible to use special devices (and the
software to access these devices or functions).

Regards,
Matthias
--
There is still the danger of EU software patents!

http://swpat.ffii.org/