[ltp] A22p, broken fan, need advice

Steven Marcotte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:11:13 -0500

IBM has excellent hardware manuals for all their Thinkpads.  The manuals
will show you how to replace every FRU on the system.  Download the one
you need from their website:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=thinkpad+hardware+manual&q2=maintenance&uid=psg1MIGR-39298&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en

I don't know if the parts are compatible, but used fans sell for about
$20 on eBay.  Search for 'A2* fan'.  Also, www.ibm-spare-parts.com has a
large selection of factory direct parts.  Add a little Arctic Silver and
you should up and running.

Good luck,
Quattro