[ltp] VMWare and Windows Thinkpad Tools

Jeffrey Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:13:46 -0500

Quoting Matthias Posseldt <matthi@gmx.li>:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know whether the different tools on Windows accessing the
> Thinkpad functions (Access Thinkpad) work in VMWare. For some minor
> jobs I need a Windows installation. But since I have a lot of Linux
> tools I use more regularly, I don't want to reboot to use Windows.

A little faster way to switch is to use suspend to disk/hibernate.
As long as the Windows partitions are not mounted when you suspend
Linux, this works well enough.

Remember VMware likes lots of memory.  256MB memory can try your
patience.  512MB is generally adequate for a virtual machine or two.

Jeffrey