[ltp] Making hard drive stop when not in use

Volker Gropp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:16:36 +0200

--TxukmIqg3MmZ0Kmh

* On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 08:35:44 -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I'm running Debian/Sarge upon an A30 (2652 3CU).  I notice that the hard=
=20
> drive never stops spinning.  Even when I leave it idle all night long.
>=20
> Is there something, some package configuration, to make the machine=20
> conserve energy (and not wear out my hard drive) when the laptop is not=
=20
> being actively used for some specified period of time?

hi,

try linux laptop mode, you can find a Doc in=20
/usr/src/linux-`uname -r`/Documentation/laptop-mode.txt

Volker Gropp

--TxukmIqg3MmZ0Kmh

--TxukmIqg3MmZ0Kmh--