[ltp] How does /proc/acpi/ibm/bay work

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:56:17 +0200

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

Hello.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 08:49:30AM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
>=20
> I can swap my DVD/CD-RW drive, as well as an additional IDE hard
> drive.

Do you can use DMA after re-insert the DVD/CD-RW drive?

> This is on a T40, using the the following scripts.  The idectl script
> is from the hdparm sources, in the contrib directory.

I've got a T40p. I'm able to eject the drive, and insert it again. It
works ok, but without DMA. I think it is exactly the same behavior as
discribed in the E-Mail above.

I also used the idectl script, and eject.sh and rescan.sh from the
ibm-acpi tarball.

I tried to unset the DMA before is eject, and set it again after
insert, but this did not help, too.

Stefan Schmidt

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--