[ltp] HD temperature on a T41p ?

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 03 Apr 2005 14:23:24 +0200

Hi,

<Don Perley> wrote on 02 Apr 2005 19:17:34 MET:

> I found firefox (any browser I guess) will make the CPU run hotter
> if left on some page with a busy flash or java program.

Ok, after more investigations, it seems that the hd need a looooong
time to cool down. Basically if it is 40C it needs something like
30min to get back to 34C. So my guess is that firefox was doing some
stuff requiring frequent disk access (maybe some freaky html can force
to update the disk cache often, dunno) and I was not patient enough to
let the poor thing cool down.

Cheers.

--
François Fleuret