[ltp] S3 suspend on the R51: Success stories?

ibert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:58:34 +0200

I=C2=B4m working with Suse9.2 on my R51.

=46or Suspending I use APM which works really fine. I didn=C2=B4t get ACPI =
to work in=20
that way...

Battery Usage when on suspend is about 1% per hour.

ibert

Am Sonntag, 3. April 2005 15:42 schrieb Jan Girlich:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Andrew Barr schrieb:
> > I recently purchased an R51 2883ELU. I am trying to get S3 suspend to
> > work on this machine. I run Gentoo Linux with a 2.6.11.5 kernel.org
> > kernel with a custom patchset [1]. The BIOS and EC controller program a=
re
> > the latest for my model, 1.21 and 1.04, respectively. It is important to
> > note that it has an Intel 82855GM graphics controller, not an ATI chip.
>
> I got an R51 2887-32G with the same graphics-controller and even gentoo.
>
> > The problem I am running into is that the machine freezes hard on resum=
e,
> > regardless of whether I suspend from a console or X. It does power up t=
he
> > external display if one is attached, and it displays the contents of the
> > framebuffer console at suspend (usually just the cursor). I have tried
> > removing all modules that can be removed. I have also tried adding both
> > s3_bios and s3_mode as an acpi_sleep=3D parameter...nothing. I should n=
ote
> > I have a Intel 82855GM-based desktop PC where the s3_bios parameter is
> > necessary to get it to power up the display (it is fine otherwise).
>
> Okay. This looks similiar to my problem. Whe I resume my laptop I see
> the message "Stopping tasks: |=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D" and the laptop hangs.