[ltp] How does /proc/acpi/ibm/bay work

Nils linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 11:18:59 +0200

This is really interesting, which kernel version do you use ?
I boot my thinkpad with an ultrabay battery and then I try to use a dvd-rom,
but I have no success with enabling dma.
Can you try to boot your thinkpad without the DVD-RW drive and then after
inserting the DVD-RW drive try to enable dma ?
(you can also boot with a second battery, but not everybody has this
possibility)
Thanks,
Nils