[ltp] problems with vmware and display

Donald B. Altman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:17:29 -0400

** Reply to message from Leo G=FCrtler <leo.c.g@web.de> on Mon, 04 Apr 2005 =
10:25:54 +0200

Hi Leo,

I run VMWare 4.5.x on a T42p.  I'll be glad to try to help.

It sounds as if the color table that your guest OS loads is affecting the co=
lor
table of the host OS.

What is your guest OS?  Which video driver are you using in VMWare?  Do
you, by any chance, have a script of the output of vmware-config.pl, which
should show which drivers were compiled/loaded with which libraries, and
if there were any compile problems?

While I'm not an expert, I've found that some folks on the VMWare
discussion forums (e.g. petr) are both technically excellent and seem
to have an inside line to the developers.  I'd suggest trying there, too.

http://www.vmware.com/community/index.jspa

Good luck.

Don A

--