[ltp] Re: S3 suspend on the R51: Success stories?

ibert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:45:52 +0200

I use the kernel which is provided by SuSE - I didn=B4t cook one my self...

I added
apm=3Don acpi=3Doff
to the append line of the kernel in the bootloader. This will activate APM,=
=20
and, more important, deactivate ACPI.=20
If you made your own kernel, APM Support  has to be compiled into the kerne=
l=20
if it isn=B4t.=20

here the dmesg line
####
ibert@think:~> dmesg | grep apm
Kernel command line: root=3D/dev/hda6 vga=3D0x317 selinux=3D0 resume=3D/dev=
/hda5=20
desktop elevator=3Das splash=3Dsilent acpi=3Doff apm=3Don
apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x03 (Driver version 1.16ac)
#####

And once again: it works really fine. I never had such a good performance w=
ith=20
ACPI...

ibert

Am Montag, 4. April 2005 15:10 schrieb David Grindrod:
> I  have experienced the same problems. Looks like it might be worth
> downgrading the BIOS. Do you know what the original version was. The
> version I am running is 1VET59WW(1.17). I did not note what it originally
> comes from. Not sure if this is a BIOS problem as Windows XP suspends fin=
e.

> I do not believe this Thinkpad has APM. Only ACPI.
>
> David

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D").