[ltp] frequent black screen on start-up, good later on

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:50:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Mack Stevenson wrote:

> Pointing a lamp directly at the screen l've noticed that the screen is not
> really *off*: it is just incredibly dimmed. I can see the text scroll by,
> and the colorful IBM logo is also visible right after booting.
>
> Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Can this be a hardware problem,
> even if the screen works perfectly when it is "lighted"?

Try hitting the key combo (twice if necessary) to toggle the backlight
(Fn-F3 on my T40).

Two atoms are walking along.  Suddenly, one stops.  The other says,
"What's wrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"