[ltp] GRUB crash

Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:51:11 -0400

On Apr 4, 2005 11:39 PM, Bert Haskins <bhaskins@chartermi.net> wrote:
> I just had one of my systems crash ( badly ) and
> now it boots up to "GRUB " and hangs right there.
> This box uses the W2K boot loader if that makes
> any difference.
> Has anyone on the list seen this one before?
>
> Thanks,
>     Bert

Does grub chainload ntldr or vice versa?  It sounds like perhaps your
MBR got messed up.  you can boot off a linux cd and assuming you want
grub int he mbr, run either grub-install /dev/hda (or whatever your
drive is) or install from the grub terminal.

rough steps:

boot linux cd.
switch to a shell
mount your linux paritions
chroot to your installation
run grub and re-install from the grub terminal or run grub-install
(see grub manual for more info)

Alex