[ltp] RE: mwave on tp600e makes me crazy

Tomas 'Ebik' Ebenlendr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:46:21 +0200

 I want to report weird thing. I have debian testing, with debian 2.4.26
kernel. My mwave daemon did not start up. Setting stuff in Win98 and
other magick did not work. So I googled, found this archive and fixed it
following way:

apt-get source mwavem
cd mwavem-1.0.4
debuild
# HERE IS NO dpkg -i ../mwavem-1.0.4.deb
/etc/init.d/mwavem start

 From now on, my modem is working even if I dual boot to Win98 or WinXP.
If there is still the user that must recompile after every boot, he
could probably try to 'prune' the compilation to get out the thing that
fixes the stuff.

(I have mwave configured to ttyS0, serial to ttyS1, if this could matter...)

PS.: I'm not registered to the list. If there are some questions please
ask to my email.
--
                                 Tomas 'ebi' Ebenlendr
                                 http://get.to/ebik