[ltp] problems with vmware and display

Leo Gürtler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:18:39 +0200

Donald B. Altman wrote:

>** Reply to message from Leo Gürtler <leo.c.g@web.de> on Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:43:29 +0200
>
>Hi Leo,
>
>Well, it certainly looks like you've done your homework.

Dear Donald,

(at first: sorry for posting again via the list, but your provider
thinks my smtp-server is listed as relaying/sending spam. I got a
delivery error several times while sending  a mail directly to you ...)

thank you, I will post it on the list. But I did not find a native Linux
list, just:

http://www.vmware.com/community/forum.jspa?forumID=19

which is "workstation setup and troubleshooting".

As my problem is due to vmware4.5 and 5-beta, I will better post it not
only on the 5-beta public list, right?
If you have a better link in the forum, I am happy to use that.

I also checked your xorg.conf, but it does not seem to be different from
mine except that you use the native x-driver -- I use the fglrx from
ati. But I also switched to ati and radeon from xfree without success.
I will try maybe to switch to the x-org server from ubuntu, their debs
are said to work in debian sarge. Or maybe the native x.org (-> compiling)

btw: on fedora 3, same kernel 2.6.11.5, athlon xp2000+ , nvidia with
nvidia drivers, I do not encounter these problems with vmware 4.5 (did
not checked 5-beta).

best regards,

Leo

--