[ltp] no C3 state in X - but i do get to C3 with X running but not displayed on screen

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:33:31 +0200

Hi Brad.

On Mi, 2005-04-06 at 11:12 -0400, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> when i'm at vt1 my computer spends time in C3 state
> but when i'm in X C3 never gets entered...  I don't have to stop X to
> enter C3 - i just have to switch to another virtual terminal.

Interesting. Does not me help here.

> I have ehci_hcd and uhci_hcd loaded (but no devices attached).

I have to unload uhci_hcd to enable C3 (the bus master activity is only
caused by this module here).

Nothing else, even ehci_hcd can stay active (which puts me into the
interesting position that I can use an USB2 drive, but not an USB1 mouse
if I want C3, for example. ts.. ;))

Greetings, UW(e)