[ltp] DVI from T40 (Radeon 9000) on FC2

Elaine Cheong linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to connect the DVI output from the docking station of my T40
(ATI Radeon 9000) to the DVI-D input of my external LCD screen.  I do not
want a dual-head configuration (I just want a mirror of the built-in LCD).
I am running Fedora Core 2 (xorg-x11.6.7.0-11).  Can somebody tell me
exactly what lines I need to add to my xorg.conf file or other things I
need to change to get this to work?  Is it supported it at all?  Right now
I am not seeing anything on the external LCD.  The connection works under
Windows XP on the same machine (dual-boot), so I am fairly sure there are
no hardware problems.

Please reply to me directly (you can cc the mailing list if needed).

Thanks,
Elaine