[ltp] no C3 state in X - but i do get to C3 with X running but not displayed on screen

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:07:20 +0200

Hi Thomas.

On Mi, 2005-04-06 at 18:22 +0200, Thomas Breitner wrote:
> No matter if on X or on a vt, doesnt't even matter if uhci_hcd is
> loaded. So, it seems that in my case it's not the uhci_hcd-module which
> is causing to block C3, but some *activity* which is handled by
> uhci_hcd.

This is much more accurate than my description.

Indeed, I can observe the same behaviour: My T42p CPU does fall into C3
if uhci_hci is loaded and no external USB (1.1) device is attached.

(However, just switching out of X if I have an USB mouse attached is
still not enough for my setup.)

Greetings, UW(e)