[ltp] T40p iwconfig - Debian

Gijs Hillenius linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:18:12 +0200

     > Hi there!  nice to meet u'all! :-)

     > I would like to know how to get the correct command to pass my
     > access point encode key by iwcdonfig.

     > Ex: by this command: # iwconfig eth1 essid XXXX key 11111111111

I think you don't need the essid in that line, try just

iwconfig eth1 key (key)

(if you need more than one key, for more than one network, use an index,
see man iwconfig)

--
"I'll carry your books, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over,
carry forward, Cary Grant, cash & carry, Carry Me Back To Old Virginia,