[ltp] RE: mwave on tp600e makes me crazy

Davide Natalini linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:59:45 +0200

I'm sorry for the long absence (for problems you probabily don't care).

That's the end of my story:

On Friday 1 Apr 2005 11:31:14, Damien Challet wrote

 > >     IOMEMADDress : 2f8

 > > 02f8-02ff : serial

 > this.

Damien was right, but I realized I made a mistake 'couse I executed cat
/proc/ioports after playing with tpctl. That was not my problem.

Still I don't know what was the problem, but I reinstalled debian
testing from ground and now the mwave modem works.

I installed only the minimum required to have a functional debian system
(whithout X, too), and then I recompiled mwavem from source. I have
tested it with the kernel-image-2.4.27 that I used before and with both
2.4.27-custom and 2.6.10-custom: now it works without to have to
recompile anything, so it doesn't seem a kernel problem.

Only after that installed kde, and I compiled and installed
alsa-modules-2.4.27 and thinkpad-modules-2.6.10 (not 2.4.27 yet) and
everything is ok.

I haven't installed tpctl yet.

davide