[ltp] T42 and ipw2200 association to access point

David de Hoog linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:12:08 +0800

Hi all

I'm running Debian testing on a T42 2378-JZM which has the Intel 2200BG
wifi adapter. I've been using the ipw2200 driver without a hitch until
this morning. I have used the contributed debian ipw2200-source package,
and have simply used module-assistant to update the driver as and when
updates occur.

This morning I downloaded the new source package, built it fine, and
re-loaded the module only to discover that I could no-longer associate
with an access point. Although `iwlist eth1 scanning` showed the access
point, and although I'd configured the essid and the WEP key, I could
not associate. (This was version 1.0.2, whereas I had previously used
1.0.0) I used the same firmware, version 2.2 (latest) with both module
versions.

There's no error in dmesg or syslog ... and I'm a bit stumped ...

Has anyone else had similar problems ?

(I've since downgraded to 1.0.2 vanilla, and 1.0.1 in an attempt to get
online and neither of these versions were able to associate. I'm using
1.0.0 vanilla now, without any problems at all)

Cheers
--
David de Hoog <dehood01@student.uwa.edu.au>