[ltp] How to turn your T42p into a brick with ACPI...

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:02:35 -0400

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 14:12 +0300, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>
> > I'd rather not have to disassemble the whole laptop (14+ screws on the
> > bottom) to unplug the backup battery, just so I can resume from suspend,
> > if I can avoid it.
> >

>  Be aware that when you disassemble the laptop, you should replace the
> screws with new ones. (it may seem extreme at first, but it is absolutely
> essential)
I don't think this is actually essential...

I believe the new screws contain a little bit of plastic in the threads
to keep them from vibrating out.

You can reproduce this effect by using some "loc-tite" which can be
found at any hardware store.

I'm not certain of this - but it's the only thing that makes sense to
me.

brad