[ltp] Re: How to turn your T42p into a brick with ACPI...

Ingo van Lil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:58:16 +0200

On 10 Apr 2005, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> 	45 seconds to boot from a cold, powered-off machine? That's
> pretty accurate.
>
> 	If you mean 45 seconds to come out of suspend, that's
> absolutely unacceptable. It takes 2-3 seconds for my laptop to come
> out of suspend from apm, and another 1-2 seconds for network to return
> (I don't have to unload or reload any drivers, it "Just Works(tm)").

Resuming from swsusp is nothing but a regular cold boot plus restoring
the previously saved system state. It's not a BIOS or hardware feature,
it's handled completely by software.

        Cheers,
            Ingo