[ltp] Re: How to turn your T42p into a brick with ACPI...

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:39:37 -0400 (EDT)

> It took 2-3 hours to figure out what the scripts were doing, which
> modules needed to be modprobed out/in before and after suspends,
> etc.....

	Which modules? I don't (ever) run distribution-supplied
kernels, so chances are I'm not running with 75 modules loaded, like
the stock kernels like to do. My kernels are highly modular, and I've
probably got 10-15 modules loaded at most times, more at peak
peripheral times.

	I'm curious to see what modules everyone thinks needs to be
unloaded before suspending. I'm only curious, because I've never had
to unload anything before suspending with apm, except yenta_socket on
a few of the more-recent 2.6.xx kernels (won't suspend if its loaded),
but that's been solved now in the latest handful of kernels.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com