[ltp] TP R50e: Suspend to RAM again

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:15:02 +1200

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:50, Jan Girlich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David Grindrod schrieb:
> > Could not find this on th IBM website. They only have the latest
> > versions.
>
> They keep all versions on their website. E.g. at
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1MIGR-55003&rs=0&cs=utf-8&d
>c=D42G4&loc=en_UK&lang=en&cc=UK
>
> Just scroll down to the bottom of the site.
>
> > Tried this with fedora test 2.6.11 and same issue even when not running
> > X11. God ACPI is a pain. Just got it working on my A31p laptop and even
> > then  it has limitations. ACPI really needs to be sorted out within
> > Linux.
>
> Sorry, my English isn't that well. I don't get the meaning of "needs to
> be sorted out within Linux".
"sorted out" === "made to work correctly"

imho, what we really need is a reference to a reasonably well written
explanation as to what ACPI is and how it works. So far all I have been able
to find an absolutely opaque standards document of some 600+ pages or else
undated and anecdotal personal reports about how person X got what he wanted
on Machine Y using kernel Z. Inevitably these have very little relevance to
what I want to do with the machine and kernel I have.

--
C. S.