[ltp] [OT] Cleaning Mousebuttons

Wolf Wiegand linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:07:42 +0200

Hello,

in a moment of temporal insanity, I managed to spill a little bit of tea
on my thinkpad. Not enough for any of it to leak below the keyboard, yet
enough to kill a mouse button :-(.

Well, at first after the spillage (and drying attempts) the computer
worked all right for a couple of minutes. After that my mouse started
acting totally weird. So I removed the keyboard and try to blow out any
liquid still in there. Then I put everything back together and let it
sit for >24 hrs.

Now, everything works allright, except the upper left mouse (or rather
touchpad) button. It seemes to be pressed permanently, so I can't even
use the lower left mouse button.

Now my question: Is it possible to remove the mouse buttons or the
keyboard buttons from the keyboard just by pulling them off (so I can
see what's wrong)? I didn't want to try it in order not to break even
more things around here.

Thanks for any answer,

Wolf
--
Büroschimpfwort des Tages: Unfallflucht - Urlaub gleich nach
Projektende. (Norbert Gülk)