[ltp] [OT] Cleaning Mousebuttons

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:45:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Mario Limonciello wrote:

> Wolf Wiegand wrote:
>
> > Now my question: Is it possible to remove the mouse buttons or the
> > keyboard buttons from the keyboard just by pulling them off (so I can
> > see what's wrong)? I didn't want to try it in order not to break even
> > more things around here.
>
> I don't have a response for you - but on the topic whoever answers this
> I have another question.  What can you use to clean off natural oils
> from your fingers?  I can tell which keys I press more often then others
> because I can feel these keys becoming more "oiled" so to say, and not
> smooth as they use to be.

Are you sure it's oil, and not polished (by your fingertips) plastic keys?
Any hand soap should work, but I'd be quite hesitant about getting water
near a computer.  Maybe moisten a rag and use that?  Me, I'd try an eyeglass
cloth first.

PISCES:  Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
You are the Lord of the Dance, no matter what those idiots at
work say.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_