[ltp] can't configure audio (cs4332)...

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:10:29 -0400

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 00:51, after a long battle with technology, wes
schreiner wrote:
> Damir Hakimov wrote:
> > ThinkPad600 type2645
> > I can't find how to configure audio (cs4332) with tpctl.
> tpctl doesn't seem to support configuring any sound hardware.
>
> > Do I have to use ps2?
> Yes, that's perhaps the easiest way.

?  PS2.EXE shouldn't even be necessary for this.  Just modprobe the
right module with the right parameters, and you're set.  The real
problem is that the cs4232 is ISA, so you have to specify I/O and IRQ
settings.

> Make sure your sound hardware
> is enabled and has reasonable settings, then use those settings in an
> /etc/modules.conf options line

This worked for me when I had a 380D with a cs4232, and it also worked
on a Dell desktop with a cs4232.  Note that I got rid of the 380D a few
years back and my current machine has a cs46xx on the PCI bus, so this
may be out of date :

modprobe sound dmabuf=1
modprobe opl3 io=0x388
modprobe cs4232 io=0x534 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

...no clue what the corresponding ALSA options are, but the magic
numbers above are correct for most cs4232 cards AFAICT.  HTH,

--
   I have had to deal with kangaroos, donkeys, cows, wild pigs
   and some press leaks by former Vice President Cheney.