[ltp] IBM-ACPI Sensors

Mario Limonciello linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:42:44 -0400

Michael Gaber wrote:

Well there is always the possibility if your using xfce4.2 to use a
generic monitor.  I just put in a monitor that launches a script like
this and refreshes every 2 seconds:

>echo "cpu"
>echo "freq"
>cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "cpu MHz" | cut -b 12-
>echo "cpu"
>echo "temp"
>cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0/temperature | cut -b 26-

This does the trick for me at least.  I have another one I use as a
generic monitor to check my wireless signal, but have yet to get one to
show the AP associated with put in: